Florida Day Trip from Miami: Biscayne Bay Itinerary

by | Jul 27, 2022 | Lifestyle, City Adventure | 0 comments

For one of the best day trips from Miami, head to beautiful Biscayne Bay, just 45 minutes from THesis Hotel. Biscayne Bay’s bright blue waters, picturesque islands and teeming underwater wildlife make for a breathtaking excursion.

Much of Biscayne Bay is included in Biscayne National Park. This lovely national park is 95% percent water, so you’ll likely end up spending most of your time below the surface. The remaining 5% is composed of the few islands that make up the northernmost part of the Florida Keys.

Pop by the Biscayne National Park Institute

The first stop on this Florida day trip should be the Biscayne National Park Institute. If you want to explore on your own, this is where you can rent a canoe, kayak or paddleboard. And if you want a little more guidance, this is where you can hop aboard a tour.

Snorkel through An Underwater Paradise

One of the best things to do in Biscayne Bay and the surrounding area is snorkel. Explore shipwrecks, the underwater wonderland around Boca Chita Key, and other renowned snorkeling sites like Stillstville – an area in the middle of the water with a variety of structures constructed on stilts. Discover brightly colored coral, parrotfish, lobsters, sharks, manatees, bottlenose dolphins and more! 

Paddle through Thriving Mangrove Trees

Another great way to explore Biscayne Bay is by kayaking, canoeing or stand up paddleboarding your way around. Since the water is so clear, you’ll likely still get to see quite a bit of this national park’s marine life, including fish, sharks and eels.

But a big part of what makes paddling in Biscayne Bay special is the mangrove trees! These coastal plants naturally make beautiful canopies and hidden pathways that make you feel as if you’re on an Indiana Jones-esque adventure. 

Relax and Unwind at THesis Hotel 

After one of the best day trips in Florida, the most fitting way to end your day in the sun is by booking a relaxing stay at THesis Hotel in Miami. Unwind in modern guest rooms and relive your paddling or snorkeling adventures over a delicious meal at one of THesis Hotel’s delicious restaurants.  

Explore The THesis Life

Gallery

Step inside and discover your THesis.

Special Offers

Live your THesis with our special offers.

Health & Safety

Rest assured, we are in this together.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY